Experience the charm of a gentler time and place on the Heritage Trail in Connecticut's "Quiet Corner."
The Woodstock Merchants Association is a membership organization of local merchants including antiques, crafts, florists, orchards, furniture makers, pottery, lodging and more.
Along the Scenic Byway Route 169, from Old Sturbridge Village to Mystic Seaport, lies the quiet country town of Woodstock, CT.
Perpetuating the history, traditions and folklore of 300 years, the town remains a cluster of villages epitomizing the character of New England. Interesting shops, studios, restaurants an historic sights offer the visitor a variety of experiences, either along the trail or a mile or two down a side road.
We welcome you to sample the beauty and charm of our town in Connecticut's Quiet Corner.
We know you'll come back!
Here are a few events that are held in town every year. See calendar for more and upcoming sales.
- American Cancer Society's Relay for Life
- Memorial Day Parade
- Memorial Day 10K Race
- CT Annual Open House Day - the second Saturday in June
- Shops at Sawmill Summer Celebration - 3rd Saturday in July
- The Woodstock Fair (Labor Day Weekend)
- Celebrating Agriculture
- Woodstock Merchant's Annual "Shop Hop" (mid-September)
- Artists in the Country outdoor show
- Roseland Cottage Arts & Crafts Festival (October weekend after Columbus Day)
- Woodstock Merchants Thanksgiving Day Weekend Holiday Celebration
- Mistletoe Marketplace (first weekend in November)
- Artists Open Studio Weekends (last weekend in November)
- Artists Open Studio Weekends (first weekend in December)
- Woodstock Merchant's Magic: Celebrate the season with 12 days of unadvertised specials at participating shops at the end of December
Please call your favorite merchant for specific dates and event details.
- American Doll Clothes, 376 New Sweden Road, Woodstock
- Artists in the Country, 52 County Road, Woodstock
- Badger Hall, At The Garden Gate, 260 Route 171, Woodstock
- Christian Book Service, 316 Route 171, South Woodstock
- Quinebaug Shetucket Heritage Corner, The Last Green Valley, Woodstock
- Chimalis LLC, Woodstock Valley CT
- Christmas Barn, 835 Route 169, Woodstock
- Coco's Cottage, 253 Route 171, South Woodstock
- Computer HQ, 378 Roseland Park Road, Woodstock
- Discover Chiropractic, Dr. Debra Burns , 160 Route 171, Woodstock
- Garden Gate Florist, 260 Route 171, South Woodstock
- High Spring
- Inn at Woodstock Hill, 94 Plaine Hill Road, Woodstock
- Java Jive, Woodstock
- Meb's Kitchenwares, 135 Bradford Corner Road, Woodstock
- Mrs. Bridges Pantry , 292 Route 169, South Woodstock
- Palmer Hall, Woodstock Historical Society, 523 Route 169, Woodstock
- Quiet Corner Tax Services, 12 Beeches Lane, Woodstock
- Rent in Woodstock, Woodstock CT (Chimalis LLC)
- Roseland Cottage (Bowen House), 556 Route 169, Woodstock
- Scranton's Shops , 300 Route 169, South Woodstock
- Shops at Sawmill, 306 Route 169, South Woodstock
- Soleil & Suns Bakery
- Sweet Evalina's Stand , 688 Route 169, Woodstock
- Taylor Brooke Winery , 848 Route 171, Woodstock
- Taylors Corner B&B , 880 Route 171, Woodstock
- Thimble Cottage Barn , 815 Route 169, Woodstock
- Timberdoodle Designs, 29 Bradford Corner Road, Woodstock Valley
- Treasures & Trash Consignment Shop, 1115 Route 169, Woodstock CT 06281
- Windy Acres, Route 171, South Woodstock
- Woodstock Frameworks, 1399 Route 169, Woodstock
- Woodstock Historical Society, 524 Route 169, Woodstock
- Woodstock Orchards LLC, 494, Route 169, Woodstock
- Woodstock Veterinarians, Woodstock